Tom Y.
user 57749592
Crawfordsville, IN
Good Morning Everyone,

This group never seemed to have taken off until the last 2 weeks until a few people stepped up and took that initial step of getting something going. We met for the first time last Monday night at the End Zone and I believe everyone had a great time meeting all 10 people who attended. Quite a variety of age, backgrounds, culture, and more. I believe everyone there felt they could fit in and feel comfortable.

Now this week the original organizer of the group left and we had 15 days to find an organizer or the the group would be dissolved. Although I don't live in Lafayette, I do work there, and have decided to take on the role of organizer, at least for now, to keep the group going. I hope that people who have joined in the past, but may have got frustrated, or were hestitant about the group, will reconsider and think about joining us at future meetups. Who knows what the future has for us as we're just starting, but I think and hope we will evolve to even bigger and better things to come. And tell your friends too about us!!!

Now to the business... We need to plan our next Metup. Unfortunately, not every day or time will work for everyone, and we don't expect everyone to be at every meetup. I, myself, am part of a euchre group in Indy on Wednesdays so that is usully out for me. And I know that others have similiar conflicts. I believe we need to move the Meetup dates (days) around to give all a chance to be able to attend. Also, unless we find a particular place that wereally, really like, we should move the location around to try someplace new. I am open to you thoughts and feedback on this.

Some from our meetin last week have mentioned The Black Sparrow or 9 Irish Brothers. Both sound fine to me. Also, I think maybe this Tuesday or Thursday would be good, if that's not too short of a notification for everyone. Please vote or give me your preferences, and then I will choose and be the bad guy (LOL) for those who have conflicts or don't like it.

Sorry for be so long winded in this email, but I wanted to cover a lot of subject material. I even left out some I wanted to discuss... maybe another time, or at the future meetups. Hope everyone has a great weekend and I am always open to your comments and feedback. Thankyou.

Tom Yahne
Rob J.
user 6303980
Lafayette, IN
Post #: 5
Hey Tom, thanks for stepping up. I have tried to organize a few and turnout is always pathetic. The same 6 -8 people migtht show up. My wife and I like to get out on the weekends. week days are too busy for us generally.

anywhere is cool. BWS seems to fit most people as its a little bit of everything. Prestons or Chumleys is good too.
my 2 cents

Rob
Tom Y.
user 57749592
Crawfordsville, IN
Post #: 1
Thanks Rob, Maybe we can get something on the weekends here soon. You'll have to help me out with BWS as I'm too old and not familiar enough to catch on...lol...

Tom