Lafayette Dinner, Drinks, Entertainment, & Fun Message Board › The Group needs a new Organizer

The Group needs a new Organizer

Becky W.
user 71191982
Lafayette, IN
Post #: 3
I like the idea of having popular activities at certain times each month. I didn't realize we were bowling each month. I also think members should put ideas for meeting on the discussion board to help the organizer out. If anyone has an idea, share it. With the weather getting nicer, it opens up outdoor ideas.
Becky W.
user 71191982
Lafayette, IN
Post #: 4
I would like to see us have a potluck picnic at Columbian Park soon. Maybe it would bring ppl together again. We could look into renting a pavilion or not. Blankets on grass is fun too.
Anna B
user 11739309
Lafayette, IN
Post #: 229
Ah! I wondered what was going on. It's been a busy couple of months for me, but things are slowing down a bit now. I enjoy taking part in organizing, so the idea of being on a board of directors sounds great. Especially if we can actually get together and discuss/divy up rolls. I like the idea of having members pitch in a dollar at events once a or twice month so we can keep things going without the organizers feeling like they are bearing the brunt of the cost. Then we'd need a treasurer.

In the past, I've been nominated to be an assistant organizer, and would love to be one, but I have one critical flaw. I was born without a sense of time and even though I hate being late, it's rare that I get anywhere on time and I don't want to inconvenience others because of it. It's been the bane of my existence for as long as I can remember and it's taken ME a long time to not beat myself up about it. Sooooo, that's what comes with me if I am involved. I enjoy meeting new people and getting to know people over time.

A potluck sounds good to me, and I've enjoyed the spontaneous game nights we've had.

Renee, I'm so happy to hear you got the job, but will definitely miss you!

Brooke W.
mikaakashasmom
Lafayette, IN
Post #: 4
If I may ask, what was the outcome to the discussion? I do not want to see this group go away. I enjoyed the meetups that I was able to attend.
Tony G.
user 70896842
Montmorenci, IN
Post #: 3
It's been quite awhile since we have had any meetups. I've met some great people in the short time I have been a member and hate to see it just fade away like it seems to be doing. I prefer that it stays for any age and variety of activities. Maybe its time for everyone to get together and figure out what direction the group is going to go. JMHO
Anna B
user 11739309
Lafayette, IN
Post #: 231
Has anyone been able to reach Tom Yahne?
Tom Y.
user 57749592
Crawfordsville, IN
Post #: 6
Anyone should be able to post or suggest a Meetup. If you can't, I'm not sure what's wrong because I have opened up the group completely for as much as they will let me. I think I will have to step down as organizer, be fore someone can assume the role. The dues are paid through next October because they were designated as an automatic credit, and I missed that part of it. I'm not sure what will happen if I resign right now. They may make the new organizer pay another $72. I have made a few people co-organizers, so those people will get an email announcing them as such, and they will have almost as much authority as an organizer. Good Luck.
Anna B
user 11739309
Lafayette, IN
Post #: 232
Thanks, Tom. Do we need to reimburse you for the money??