Lafayette Star Trek Meetup Group Message Board › Local meetup

Local meetup

James G.
user 68280222
Lafayette, LA
Post #: 2
Surely there is some sort of meetup or gathering we can do locally? Logic dictates that this group establish contact with each other.
jason h.
user 60991362
Baton Rouge, LA
Post #: 1
Hey James. I agree about getting a meetup going in Lafayette. There are meeting rooms at Southside Library that can be used. Also just meeting at Barnes and Noble coffeeshop or any local bar (Petes is a favorite of mine). Get in touch with me here or at jayraven05@yahoo.com or on facebook and we can work something up. Glad to meet you. jason
Robert
user 59060602
Youngsville, LA
Post #: 1
I'm all for it. I work a 2/2/3 schedule so I can say there's about a 50/50 chance I can attend.
Trisha
Pirate_Baroness
Baton Rouge, LA
Post #: 49
Hi!
Great conversation here! Shall we start tossing a date around?

I can do February 2nd or 3rd in Lafayette. Ideally, if the meeting location could be close to I-10, that would be best, but so long as the place is on GPS, I can get there.

Or, I can see about a Skype meeting that we can chat online?

Robert
user 59060602
Youngsville, LA
Post #: 2
That's one of my weekends off. I should be able to make it.
James G.
user 68280222
Lafayette, LA
Post #: 3
I probably won't be able to make it, if we're talking February. Or any date after January 14th. I'm a truck driver and spend a fair amount of time on the road and away from home. After the 14th, I won't be back till sometime around St. Patrick's Day.
Trisha
Pirate_Baroness
Baton Rouge, LA
Post #: 50
Hi!
We can maybe start meeting monthly somewhere? We can take notes and pass them along to you via email (or post on this board?)

Can you make the Stennis trip on January 12th? I know that I'll be there then (along with the kiddo).

Trish
Robert
user 59060602
Youngsville, LA
Post #: 3
Okay, so that didn't come together. Anyone have a specific night they want to suggest?

Like I said before, I work nights on a 2/2/3 schedule so I can't give a specific day of the week. I'd like to see something started over on this side of the basin. Trisha, I plan on heading out to BR one of these days for a Corsair meet up.
Trisha
Pirate_Baroness
Baton Rouge, LA
Post #: 51
Is there any interest in trying to get more people for this Meetup (and eventually a STARFLEET chapter) by setting up a table at a local movie theater and getting the word out?
Robert
user 59060602
Youngsville, LA
Post #: 4
Depending on when, sure.