Laid Back Board Gamers Message Board › Bennigain's is remodeling so slight change in 2-3 weeks.

Bennigain's is remodeling so slight change in 2-3 weeks.

Dave "Jacksmack" ...
user 8299534
Group Organizer
Carpentersville, IL
Howdy everyone!

Recently Bennigain's let us know that they will be remodeling in a week or two and the dining area will be closed. I went around the area asking if we could meet there and got quite a bit of flat out no's and puzzled looks. Apparently board games are an odd hobby...

So I talked with the folks over at the Holiday Inn that owns this Bennigan's location. They said that the restaurant will remain open but will only have seating in the hotel's breakfast serving area, and we will have to use the hotel's main entrance. But we are more than welcome to come and use the space as normal.

So in two weeks we are meeting in the same building just use the other entrance. Tomorrow night we are meeting as normal though.

If you can't find us call me at 630-995-1938.

Dave
Fred E
Scampster009
Naperville, IL
Post #: 32
They could be doing one of two things, just updating the decor - or also possible they will change the whole place to a new name if not different chain. The last Ponderosa in the Chicago area (which was part of former Metromedia Steakhouses, along with Bennigan's) changed it's decor more upscale and dropped the association with the chain that has no other locations here - for a name based on it's location street - of "New York Steakhouse Buffet". With so few locations around they have little value in paying franchise fees to the current owner of the "name"