align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Lake Geneva Sport Tourers Message Board › Slimey Crud Run

Slimey Crud Run

Lauren
user 7730195
Group Organizer
Delavan, WI
Hello Fellow Sport Tourers,

It's time for the Spring Slimey Crud Run.  Thanks to Nick Hooyman for this write-up and route

What is it?

• It’s a twice-yearly motorcycle rally and backroads blast held west of Madison. It started as a vintage British bike event (hence the s-“Limey” Crud designation) but now just about anything shows up.
  • They have a website: http://www.slimeycrudrun.com/­.
  • It’s free.
  • Bring your camera. There are a lot of interesting bikes to see.

When is it?

• Next Sunday May 5th from 10am to 1pm

Where is it?

• There are two gatherings. The first is in Pine Bluff around 10am, the second is in Leland around 1pm. The two gatherings are about 35 miles apart, but it’s generally accepted to take meandering routes to make an enjoyable 2 hour ride. There’s food at both gatherings, or we can stop for lunch.
  • Here’s the famous Nick Hooyman proposed route between Pine Bluff and Leland: http://goo.gl/maps/xQ0yD­
  • We will start in Delavan, 8:30ish, and stop along the way to meet any rider who wishes to start closer to home. We will ride to pine bluff as a group. Just let me know if you wish to meet the group enroute by email (soon) and I will set it up accordingly.
  • There we will look at all the nice old bikes and maybe have a bite to eat.
  • We would then ride to Leland. This ride will be at your own pace and we will have points along the way were we can regather.
  • Route sheets will be provided as well as my cell number (262) 325-0155. Nobody will be left behind.

This is gonna be great!

Best regards,

Your tour operator, Lauren