Hello, and WELCOME to the Third Annual Wine Making Adventure!
Have you ever wanted to make your own wine but not sure how to go about it? Does the thought of investing hundreds, if not thousands of dollars into wine making equipment just to make your first batch of wine not sound very fun? Have you always wanted to add "Wine Maker" to your business cards? Well now is your chance to bypass those excessive costs and road blocks and MAKE SOME WINE!
Join us for our THIRD Annual Wine Making Adventure which will take you through a 5 month (4 Meetups Total) journey of the wine making process, including choosing your own grapes (from a California grape distributor downtown Chicago), crushing and de-stemming, the crazy fermentation process, pressing the must, racking your new wine, and finally bottling and drinking!
In the end you will walk away with approximately 2 cases (about $240 worth of store bought wine) of your very own (and everyone else's) finished, homemade wine, along with the insight into the world of wine making, and the know-how to hopefully do it again.
The cost is $120 per person for your first batch, $70 for each additional batch, or $50 if you are not making wine but would like to join us through the experience. (3 finished bottles and all bonus materials included in last option) The $20 Meetup fee is your deposit, (non-refundable) and the remaining balance is due by check or cash at the first Meetup.
SPACE IS LIMITED and will go QUICK, so RSVP ASAP so you don't get stuck on the waiting list!
- About 1.5 Cases of YOUR OWN Wine (about 18 bottles)
- 1 Bottle of Everyone Else's Wine (6-8 bottles) - For a little added Variety!
- Includes All Materials Except the Grapes (which we all purchase together Day 1) and the Bottles (you have 5 months to collect)
- Use of All Professional Wine Making Equipment - Crusher/De-Stemmer, Basket Press, Bottling Corker, Fermentation Drums, Glass Carboys, Testing Tools, Racking Tools, Filling System, Proper Storage, Additives, Corks, Caps, Sanitizers, Etc.
- Lunch & Wine on Crush Day, Press Day and Bottling Day - $60 Value
- Your Must Caps (fermenting grapes) Punched Down Four Times Daily - You will learn more about this intense process later.
- All Pre-Sanitation and Post Equipment Cleanup - The Messy Part =(
- Wine Making DVD - $35 Value
- The Wine Maker's Answer eBook - $10 Value
- Educational Wine Making Packet and Log Book
- All Behind-The-Scenes (when you're not there) Tests, Treatments, Care and Storage (including initial gross-lees and regular rackings) - So you don't have to worry about it.
- Our Awesome Wine Making Knowledge =)
- Four (4) Meetups over Five Months
The REQUIRED costs are as follows:
$120 - Per Person with 5 Gallon Batch of Wine
(about 24 bottles - $240 value)
$50 - Per Person NOT Making Wine / Per Additional Person
(includes 3 bottles of finished wine - $30 value)
$33-$37 - Per Crate of Grapes, depending on varietal
(2 required, but 3 preferred)
$0-$40 - 30 Empty Bottles.
($40 to buy NEW bottles, FREE to collect them)
The OPTIONAL costs are as follows:
$70 - Each Additional 5 Gallon Batch of Wine
$20 - 30 Used Wine Bottles (with their original labels)
$10 - American or Hungarian Oak Chips or Cubes
$20 - French Oak Toasted Spirals (the best)
$20 - If you can't attend the Crush, Pressing or Bottling and we do it for you
$8 - Pre-Printed Varietal Specific Labels
The current schedule is as follows:
Sat Sep 21, 9am-10am - Purchase Grapes (Downtown Chicago)
Sat Sep 21, 11am-5pm - Crush Grapes, Lunch, Wine
Sun Sep 29, Noon-5pm - Press Grapes, Lunch, Wine
Sun Nov 3, Noon-2pm - First Racking
Sun Feb 22, Noon-5pm - Bottle Wine, Lunch, Drink, Share!!!
We hope you can join us for this fun and educational adventure, and be a part of the 2013 Harvest! Also, feel free to contact us should you have any questions.
Upon registration, you will receive an email outlining the address and details of the initial grape purchase. All subsequent Meetups are located at the address listed.
Please provide your cell phone number and email address during registration so we may contact you regarding your wine, event details/updates or schedule changes.
If you would like more detailed information on the Wine Making process, here is a good resource:
DISCLAIMER - Not all batches turn out great. In fact, some don't turn out at all. Please understand going in that we will do everything in our power to create the best results in all of our wines, but the infamous "Bad Batch" happens to even the best of us. Translation - If you batch doesn't turn out the way you expected, it's not our fault, and no refunds of any kind will be offered. Thanks for understanding!