Hello, and welcome to our First Wine KIT Making Adventure!
Have you ever wanted to make your own wine but not sure how to go about it? Does the thought of investing hundreds (or in our case, thousands) of dollars into wine making equipment just to make a single batch of wine not sound very fun? Have you always wanted to add "Wine Maker" to your business cards? Well now is your chance to bypass those excessive costs and road blocks and MAKE SOME WINE!
Join us for our first Wine KIT Making Adventure which will take you through a 3 month (4 Meetups Total) journey of the wine making process, including choosing your own varietal, the fermentation process, racking your new wine, oaking and fining, and finally bottling and drinking!
In the end you will walk away with approximately 2.5 cases (about $300 worth) of your very own homemade wine (including 1 bottle of everyone else's) along with some insight into the world of wine making, and the know-how to hopefully do it again.
The cost is $75 per person for your first batch, $25 for each additional batch. The $15 Meetup fee is your deposit, and the remaining balance is due by check or cash at the first Meetup.
- About Two (2) Cases of YOUR OWN Wine (depending on attendance)
- One (1) Bottle of Everyone Else's Wine for a little added Variety!
- Includes All Materials (Additives, Corks, Caps, Sanitizers, Etc.) except the Wine Kit (which you will purchase online before the first Meetup) and the Bottles. (You have 3 months to collect)
- Use of All Professional Wine Making Equipment - Fermentation Drums, Glass Carboys, Testing Tools, Racking Tools, Bottling Corker, Filling System, Proper Storage, Etc.
- Food & Wine at EVERY Meetup! - $50 Value
- All Pre-Sanitation and Post Equipment Cleanup - The Messy Part =(
- Wine Making DVD - $35 Value
- The Wine Maker's Answer eBook - $10 Value
- Educational Wine Making Packet and Log Book
- Additional 5% Off All Purchases at Perfect Brewing in Libertyville
- All Behind-The-Scenes (when you're not there) Tests, Treatments, Care and Storage, including additional Rackings, so you don't have to worry about it!
- Our Awesome Wine Making Knowledge =)
- Four (4) Meetups over Three Months
The REQUIRED costs are as follows:
$75 - Per Person for One (1) Batch of Wine (about 30 bottles)
$55-$160 - Wine Kit, depending on quality
$0-$30 - 30 Empty Bottles. $30 to buy them, FREE to collect them! =)
The OPTIONAL costs are as follows:
$25 - Each Additional Batch of Wine
$20 - 30 Used Wine Bottles (with their original labels)
$10 - French, American or Hungarian Oak
$10 - If you can't attend a Racking and we do it for you
$20 - If you can't attend the Bottling and we do it for you
The current schedule is as follows:
Sat Apr 7, Noon-2pm - Open Kits, Start Wines, Food & Wine
Sun Apr 15, Noon-4pm - Gross Lees Racking, Add Oak, Food & Wine
Sun May 20, (by appt, date flexible) - Second Racking
Sun Jun 24, Noon-6pm - Bottle Wines, Lunch, Drink, Share!
We hope you can join us for this fun and educational off-season adventure! Also, feel free to contact us should you have any questions.
Upon registration, you will need to purchase your wine kit either online or at a local brew store. PLEASE CONTACT US PRIOR TO PURCHASE DECISION. ALL WINE KITS MUST BE ORDERED BY 3/24 TO ENSURE TIMELY DELIVERY. All Meetups are located at the address listed. Here is the list of preferred Wine Kit Websites:
Please provide your cell phone number during registration so we may contact you regarding your wine, event details/updates or schedule changes.
If you would like more detailed information on the Wine Making process, here is a good resource: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winemaking
DISCLAIMER - Not all batches turn out great. In fact, some don't turn out at all. Please understand going in that we will do everything in our power to create the best results in all of our wines, but the infamous "Bad Batch" happens to even the best of us! Translation - If you batch doesn't turn out the way you expected, it's not our fault, and no refunds of any kind will be offered. Thanks for understanding!