Lambertville Acoustic Music Players Message Board › Hammered Dulcimer Show on Tuesday 9/24!

Hammered Dulcimer Show on Tuesday 9/24!

Mark T.
MarkToman
Readington, NJ
Post #: 22
Hi Folks,
Mark Toman here - the hammered dulcimer guy.
I am having a show on Tuesday 9/24 in Lambertville and I would like you to come if you can and wish.
Myself and my friend Tim McKenzie form a band called Instantly Radioactive with Tim on Guitar and myself on HD, uke, 12-string, theremin and bowed psaltery, both on voice. I am pasting in the details from the invite flyer below. Please come. It is cheap and it is fun.
Mark.

Instantly Radioactive
Tuesday, September 24th Soupçon Salon, at City Market, 74 North Main Street, Lambertville, NJ 08530 609.397.2929
Folks, Soupcon Salon is one of those magical places where people gather, have a nice meal and enjoy a musical show. My band, Instantly Radioactive, is playing this gig next Tuesday. I invite you to come experience this if you wish and you can.

Here's the deal on this Soupçon Salon. One a month on a Tuesday the event called Soupçon Salon takes over a restaurant called City Market in Lambertville [links to all this below]. They provide a light dinner that is always interesting, and then an hour of music follows, finished by a bit of hanging around and meeting folks that you would never otherwise meet. BYOB. It is $10 for the dinner and show, fixed rate, then a hat is passed for the band and a tip is left for the waitfolk. Doors open, dinner at 7 and the music starts ostensibly at 8:00. It ends pretty much just after 9. It is a very intriguing place that I frequent every month. IR played this venue last in January 2011 and it was really fun.

Now, if you do not want to do the dinner part, please do not let that prevent you from attending! Just show up at 8PM and see the show for 'free'. The idea is that we want you there. If you do want the dinner, you need to sign up at http://www.soupconsal...­ so they know how many dinners to provide and have enough stuff.

Here is the deal on Instantly Radioactive:
A short while ago, 2 musicians, Tim McKenzie and Mark Toman, were musically introduced to each other and found that they had a special musical bond. Tim McKenzie is a walking encyclopedia of musical knowledge, experienced guitarist and front-man. Mark Toman is a multi-instrumentalist that focuses on adding elements to rock and roll songs using instruments not normally found in this genre. The sum of these two approaches created the band Instantly Radioactive, an alt-rock duo.

In an Instantly Radioactive show, the audience finds itself intrigued by hearing some familiar cover songs in a different way, as well as original songs penned by both band members. For covers, think Cracker/Dead/Church/Nields/Metro as starting points of creativity. Original compositions include ballads and pure instrumental pieces that rock. Imagine songs that include hammered dulcimer, ukulele, theremin, and bowed psaltery in a rock environment. Then come see the show live.

IR has played the greater Lambertville area, recently at Shadfest and other festivals. Join us Tuesday September 24 for an act that you have never dreamed of but will stay with you for quite some time.

Links:
Soupçon Salon: http://www.soupconsal...­
City Market: http://www.citymarket...­