WHO? 'ALL' levels of Photographers and associated
MISSION: My mission here is to help you enjoy growing as an artist and photographer, to teach you to see even better.
After taking a breather the last couple of months we’re ready to kick off 2010 with an even better year; more professional makeup, better photo shoots, better models and more in depth instruction.
Here you can:
• Learn from professionals about posing, lighting and making money
• Save money while learning
• Network with other photographers & models
• Share your work and insight with others
• Shoot with working models
• Show your work and have it reviewed
• Build an exciting portfolio under the direction of professionals
• Discounts on all of Larry Marchant's PHOTOGRAPHY & MODELING WORKSHOPS
• Discounts on Model Portfolio shoots. http://web.me.com/larrymphoto/Model_Search/Home.html
(for more info contact: Workshops@marchantproductions.com
Members let your models know about this new site. It will benefit us all.
GROUP DIRECTOR: Larry Marchant, professional fashion, travel and fine art photographer. http://www.larrymarchant.com
Larry's BLOG: http://www.larrymarchant.blogspot.com
Larry, has been working as an advertising photographer for over 20 years. His work has been published internationally in Europe, South America and Asia as well as North America.
With a foundation in fine art and art direction Larry became an award winning photojournalist with TIMES JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS. Later as the premier fashion photographer in the south he was the Director of Fashion Photography for the MACYS / RICH'S DEPARTMENT STORES chain.
Now owner and director of Larry Marchant Productions he shoots advertising photography and over the years has produced a series of exclusive PHOTOGRAPHY & MODELING WORKSHOPS (WORKSHOPS & PRIVATE MENTORING are discounted for members of this group).
Larry has been the VIP photographer at various workshops and conventions across the country including; The Creative Congress, Super Shot’s Hit The Lodge, and Rolando Gomez's Glamour and Beauty workshops. He was featured recently in Create magazine, in an article about the future of photography.
CLIENT LIST and EDITORIAL WORK (partial)
• The Coca-Cola Company - ResortQuest International - Russell Athletic Sportswear
• Vogue Magazine - Swimwear Illustrated - Venus Swimwear - Cond'e Nast Publications
(models must be over 18 years of age unless agreed upon by the organizer)
MODEL SITE: Models you're invited to join and register at our model sister site
'BREAKING INTO AND GETTING AHEAD IN MODELING': http://www.meetup.com/model-portfolios/
Good art is born of inspiration. Good photography is developed through knowledge and experience. Here the three meet in an atmosphere of inspiration & support, a place to expand your portfolios into your art.
Some events will be photo shoots with models, some will be without models and some events will be in studio with speakers.
Hope you'll join us; we can all learn from each other.
Saturday, Aug 02
500 Photoshop Users
392 Fellow Photographers
Thursday, Jul 24
1,114 People Interested in Modeling
Tuesday, Jul 29