Las Vegas Developers Message Board › Name change, purpose change

Name change, purpose change

Steve W.
user 9497095
Key West, FL
Greetings, Pythonistas:

I've decided after six months of Python meetups to transition the group into a general development group. That is, we are going to start focusing on a variety of technologies.

Our next meetup will feature Ray Morgan from the local startup Rumgr.com. He will build an iPhone app live, centered around photo-taking.

Every meetup we've had so far has been filled with people who don't use Python but were eager to learn about new technologies. I think this gap in the Vegas tech scene needs to be filled, and I'm working on future presentations now.

I'm trying to get a Lua developer from one of the local gaming companies to present on using Lua for testing game machines -- I didn't know until recently people were using Lua in this town!

I have another presenter lined up who's going to demo a new way to do concurrent programming in Java. It's remarkable Java developers in this town have no voice, nor do the PHP programmers.

I hope you all remain with the group. I've gotten great feedback from people about the change in direction, and those who attended the last meetup were very positive about the idea.

Thanks, and see you at /usr/lib!

Steve Wainstead
Geordan L.
user 37754702
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 1
I definitely plan on sticking around. The upcoming talks sound very interesting. smile