Las Vegas Organizers Message Board Discussions › Let's Have an Organizer Meetup!

Let's Have an Organizer Meetup!

Theodore
user 7840142
Group Organizer
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 123
Hello Everyone,

I recently took over this group. It has been quite a while since we have done anything. I decided to step up because I love the origins of this group and why it was established. This group was created to bring organizers together. People who get what meetup is about and loved it so much that they were willing to invest money and time into paying for, starting, and running a group. This group was to bring likeminded individuals together to meet, mingle, share ideas, and connect with one another to make each different group as well as our combined groups better.

I would like to do this; although I definitely don’t want to beat a dead horse. So here is my reach out to the group, if you want this group to become active again and to meet and brainstorm with other organizers and really make this group active again then shout out. If not then we will share the great memories of what the group once was.

I am going to post this email on the message board in the "discussions" folder for any and all responses, this will help keep all feedback in one central location. I would love to schedule a meetup for the organizers. So hit the board and state what times are good for you and any topics or things you would like to see organizers do. I will use all feedback to post a date where the most people can come. Take heart, this will not be the only one. I really want any and all people who are interested in being a part to be able to take advantage of the group.

Hope everyone has a great week and look forward to speaking with you all soon!

Theodore
Anand Sahaja, C.
AnandSahaja
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 15
interested in attending
Stephanie
wet-noses
Henderson, NV
Post #: 863
I would attend a meetup event. wink
Alicia
aliciaf
Henderson, NV
Post #: 150
Hi Theo!

Nice to hear from the group...I would love to meet up with the other organizers and would go to an event if available :)
Danni A.
user 12582265
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 12
I never got to attend a meetup with this group as I moved here not too long ago but would love to get to network with other meetup organizers!
Sophia F.
user 13241565
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 2
Thank you for stepping up to the plate to become the leader of the organizers group. Truth to tell, I'm not sure whether or not I would attend an organizers meeting.
Larry
user 5402783
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 10
Hi Theodore,
I joined this group on Mar, 2 2013 and am new to the group but not to Meet-Up so here are some of my ideas that have been rumbling around in my head after I read the e-mail/post at the top of this discussion.

When I joined it appeared that this group was a group of organizers organising organizers. I thought, this is a great idea! I hope I was right.

THE MEMBERSHIP QUESTION:
The first look was that as of 4/20/13 there are 154 (60%) in this group that have not visited in over 1 year. How do we get these organizers involved? (any ideas?) Should they be removed after 30 days and a few e-mail reminders to visit the page and (maybe) particpate?

THE SUGGESTIONS:
Here are some ideas or possible suggestions for future Meet-Ups that I think would help other organizers:
How to make a great looking event page.
Adding graphics and links.
What programs can I copy/paste from?
How to be the best host at your events.
Preparations and supplies.
Are volunteers needed?
Are polls an effective means to know your members?
Can they be used to test the interest in an event?
Should here be a poll to find out what part of town your members live in?
How to manage your group members. Do you:
Remove them based on rumors?
Send them polices to adhere to?
Use progressive discipline?

I have found some tips at http://meetupblog.mee...­ that lead to a website called http://www.howtorunam...­ that looks helpful too.

I hope these suggestions/ideas stimulate some conversation. Larry