Topics to include: Identifying your needs, the location decision, flexibility, avoiding common pitfalls in leases and how to mitigate personal liability. Presented by Jonathan Rudes, Cresa Long Island and David Leno, Ruskin Moscou Faltischek.
David Leno, Esq. of Ruskin Moscou Faltischek and Jonathan Rudes of Cresa Long Island will have an interactive discussion and presentation to the Launchpad Community entitled: “Out of the incubator and into the jungle; the challenges facing startups and growing tech companies when getting office space on Long Island”.
The event will begin with a practical guide from Jonathan Rudes from Cresa, a premier commercial real estate broker on Long Island who will discuss:
· Identifiying your needs
· The Location Decision
· Negotiating the best deal
· Essential Business Terms
· Working with a Broker(s)
David Leno, Esq. of Ruskin Moscou Faltischek will provide a general summary of the leasing process and what to watch out for prior to entering into a lease. Specific topics will include:
· Avoiding common pitfalls in leases.
· How to reduce leasing costs and maximize value.
· Understanding common cost centers for leases including common area maintenance charges (CAM), electrical charges, real property taxes escalations and other expenses.
· How to mitigate personal liability under leases.