Hey Lean Start Up Peeps,
The next meetup is on, scheduled for August 12th as part of Startup Week. This time we are asking all the graduating Angelcube companies to pitch their businesses to the community, including plenty of Q&A, pizza and beer.
So come along and see what a Melbourne startup that just graduated from a startup accelerator looks like. All the companies will have just finished a Demo Day to investors in Melbourne and Sydney, so they should be pretty polished!
Over the course of the Angelcube program the teams have endured weekly gruelling interviews, Pitch or Pivot sessions and met a number of mentors and members of the extended mentor network.
The teams of 2013 that will present on the night are as follows:
- BattleTrip - Travel experts battle it out to create your next holiday experience.
- c8apps - Fantasy sports apps that leverage your social network.
- CoinJar - The fastest way for merchants to reconcile Bitcoins to dollars in their local bank account.
- eTaskr - Task marketplace that solves underutilisation of resources within organisations.
- Habit21 - An app to help you reach your goals through real-life rewards.
- Ozirig - Marketplace connecting wholesalers and photography professionals.
- Tablo Publishing - eBook publishing platform for writers and bloggers.
After the pitches and the Q&A, we will be retiring to the Post Office Hotel around 830pm for drinks with Noah Kagan (Appsumo and early employee at Facebook and Mint). Come along to meet Noah and have a few beers with him!
Bluechilli are a fantastic Sydney company who are keen to partner with startup founders on the technology build.
So if you have a great idea but no tech founder, hit em up! You can check them out online: Bluechilli
Filming the event is Lucas from Kussowski Brothers – sharing your business with the world – see him at the end for a great deal – exclusive to Lean Startup Melbourne!
A standard promotional package with a single video, photos and social media setup – usually costs $1500 but for LSM members it’s only $300 plus GST. This isn’t madness, this is Startup! www.kussowskibrothers.com
Alphastation Communications produces investor communication tools from IMs to slide decks for emerging companies & startups. We makes sure you're armed correctly when you pitch angel, VC or corporate investors. We've successfully helped raise capital since 1998.
See you all there!
The Startup Victoria Team