Presented by Reuben Metcalfe (http://www.linkedin.com/in/reubenmetcalfe) remotely from the San Francisco Bay Area, this session will cover growth vs sales, beating your competitors' acquisition, press hacking, distribution, and more:
1) Growth vs sales / marketing (quickly)
- Basic terminology
- Iterative experiments
- Treating growth as part of your product. (API's, user flows etc)
- No retention = no growth.
2) Auditing competitor acquisition channels.
- SEMrush, - Reverse engineering keywords / phrases that convert.
3) Press hacking.
- Data driven press lists
- The email permutator + Rapportive hack
- Outsourcing data entry components
- How to write an intro email. (Headlines!)
4) Distribution partners
- Know your CAC
- Data driven influencer lists (Inkybee, scrapers)
- Ambassador / affiliate programs / partnerships.
5) Wrap-up / Misc
- Outright pivots
- Find under-leveraged resources / mechanisms (global mind-share is zero-sum)
- Finding market signals / lifecycle targeting - Where to learn more things.