Learn Ruby in DC! Message Board › Job Announcement: Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
The Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health, a non-profit organization representing CEPH-accredited graduate schools and programs of public health is seeking a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to build web applications using Rails 4/SQL Server. You will be joining a dedicated development team collaborating in a fast-paced environment to deliver innovate software and services that empower our members.
• Preferably 5+ years software development experience with Ruby on Rails
• Experience with Rails/SQL Server environments using MVC, rake, RSpec, and Github
• Strong understanding of Object Oriented design with good data modeling and relational database theory
• Understanding of responsive design and mobile UX
• Working knowledge of the full application stack
• Previous agile teamwork preferred with good written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with ColdFusion and/or .Net is a plus
Salary dependent upon experience and qualifications. Must work onsite – no telecommuting.
ASPPH is an equal opportunity employer located in Washington, DC. There is a no-smoking policy in the office.
ASPPH is the only organization representing the deans, faculty, and students of the CEPH accredited schools and programs of public health. The schools and programs represent the primary education system that trains personnel needed to operate the nation’s public health, disease prevention and health promotion programs. ASPPH’s mission is to improve the public’s health by advancing professional and graduate education, research, and service in public health.