align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Learning Drupal Sydney Message Board › First Meet-up and Location

First Meet-up and Location

aimeemaree
user 8310830
Sydney, AU
Post #: 1
Hi all,

I will post back shortly on details of a time and place for a first meet-up. Nothing to formal im thinking more of a mentoring style session and also some "Hello Drupal" basic concepts. If people have any thoughts on a date and time please let me know. I was thinking the last week of August or the first week of September. It seems the last and first weeks of the month clash least with other CMS groups meet-ups. The time frame I was thinking would be maybe 1.5hours long so as not to be to late for people to travel home, Maybe a 6.30 or 7pm start-up to accommodate for people who work? Please post your thoughts, also looking to get some more senior Drupal developers coming along to the meet-ups so this is in no way a one person talking event but a group of people providing advice and support.

The main difference between this group and the Drupal Sydney User Group will be that this group will specifically focus on New Drupal Users and also Theming and Site Administration, Configuration, what Drupal can do for you in your business and also for your own small site. The discussion will focus more on learning new modules and what modules and tools are used by the community and Drupal developers to help get you started on your way to Drupal success. If your feeling abit overwhelmed by Drupal and the steep learning curve it can offer hopefully this group can help with understanding Drupal "pronounced Drew Pull" :D