Lesson 1B (THURSDAY) Onsite
Welcome to the first lesson
Here are the goals
- Install R. It would be nice to try doing that on your own before coming to the class. Installing just R is easy, just follow instructions here. It would be preferable though to try to install RHadoop, instructions are here. If you find it difficult it is fine we will help you.
- Load the Airline dataset. We advise you to download it and make some preparations by following the instructions here.
- Get to know the course material. Please take a look at the reading material.
- Select some attributes, sample and run your first linear regression.
- Trusting your results.
- Making regression stable, selecting a model
- The idea of bootstrap