addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Leighton Buzzard Book Club and other social events Message Board › Themes for next year

Themes for next year

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi all,
Been thinking about themes for next year so I thought I'd share a few ideas! smile

A play - we've been talking about Shakespeare for months!
A novel in translation - I'm thinking Orhan Pamuk, or something as good as Shadow of the Wind!
Non-fiction
Classic crime novels
Prize winning novels - we could look at Booker shortlist, best of Bookers, Orange prize for fiction etc
American novel - I'm thinking Cormac Mcarthy, John Updike, etc.
Cross-over children's fiction - so many novels now are for children and adults e.g. Harry Potter, His Dark Materials - thought it might be fun to read some!

See you next week!

Helen
Jonathan
user 6764317
Group Organizer
Leighton Buzzard, GB
Post #: 3
Thanks for this Helen. I will add them to the list

Jonathan
A former member
Post #: 4
what about an historical regal novel
A former member
Post #: 2
Comedy was also suggested at the last book club, by Sarah. And poetry by Neil.
A former member
Post #: 3
I've seen that is was supposed to be books they tried to ban in November! Think that's a great one. As we're not having it because of our local author book, please can we carry that forward to next year!