I received the following e-mail, can anyone help?
"I am with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation located here in Tampa, FL. Cystic Fibrosis is a fatal childhood disease affecting thousands of children in our community.
On Sunday, October 6th we are having a cycling event that begins and ends in Fort Desoto park. We are expecting 300 riders at the event! We DESPERATELY need volunteers to help at rest stop/water stations, the cheering section, serving lunch and clean-up. We have searched and searched for volunteers and are still coming up short!"
How we will LEND A HAND
Please find volunteer check-in when you arrive and please note that you're with Lend a Hand. Hours range from 5:00a.m. to 1:00p.m depending on what job you sign up for.
Bring a picnic lunch and we can sit on the beach after the event and have lunch, and enjoy the beautiful weather (hopefully)!
· 6:00 a.m. to 10:30a.m. We need four groups of 3-10 to man rest stops. This involves handing out water and refreshments and cheering the cyclists on. If you would like to create a theme for the rest stop and make it fun and unique, we would be thrilled! **NEEDED**
· 9:45a.m. to 12:30p.m. We need two groups of 3-10 to man rest stops. This involves handing out water and refreshments and cheering the cyclists on. If you would like to create a theme for the rest stop and make it fun and unique, we would be thrilled!
· Registration- Shift 5:15a.m. to 10:00a.m
· Breakfast Volunteers- Shift 5:30a.m. to 10:00a.m.
· Parking Attendants- Shift 5:30a.m. to 9:30a.m.
· Rider Cheer-Out- 6:45a.m. to 9:30a.m.
· Rider Cheer-In- 10:30a.m. to 2:00p.m
· Clean-Up- 1:00p.m. to end of event
What to bring:
• Please wear casual, comfortable, weather-appropriate clothes
• A bottle of water for yourself
• A warm smile!
• If you would like to donate more than your time, feel free to bring a donation for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
Directions and Parking:
Click the link in the location above to see a map to the event location. Follow signs for the event check-in.
Other Important Information:
If you are bringing a guest, please provide his/her name in the comments.
This is a child-friendly event, feel free to bring the family! You must monitor your child at all times, and be fully responsible for them. Please note if you will bring a child, and child's age.
Additional information about Lend a Hand events, such as RSVPing, bringing guests, waiting lists, and last-minute dropouts is located on the 'Terms of Membership' page, please familiarize yourself with our current policies and procedures: http://www.meetup.com/LendaHand/about/
Join us and open your heart to LEND A HAND!
Please consider this seriously before you RSVP, it is very important that we have an accurate count a couple of days in advance to provide to the organization. Last-minute drop-outs are difficult to replace and reflect badly on our organization.
About Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
For more information, visit their website: www.cff.org