This hike in the Marin Municipal Water District is about 7 miles (+/- depending on who’s calculating).
We will meet at the Rock Springs trailhead and head down Cataract Trail. There should be water in the falls at this time of year. After going down, we will hike back up, taking High Marsh and Kent trails to get to Potrero picnic area where we will stop for a late lunch. Fro m there it’s an easy short hike back to the trailhead.
• From US 101, exit #445b CA 1/Mill Valley/Stinson Beach
• Head West, following signs for Hwy 1
• Left at junction with Almonte Blvd to stay on Hwy 1, drive about 2.5 miles
• Right on Panoramic Hwy (toward Muir Woods), drive about 5.5 miles• Right onto Pantoll and drive another 1.5 miles
• Park at Rock Springs Trailhead, at the junction with Ridgecrest.