This hike in the East Bay hills takes us though beautiful redwood trees. The planned route is about 6.4 miles. It is mostly shady. There is one short steep uphill stretch, some ups and downs, and a few level sections. We will stop for lunch on the trail.
• Take Redwood Road east of Skyline into the Oakland Hills:
- From the North: exit 1C Carson Street/Redwood Road off Hwy 13
- From South: exit 1 off Hwy 13 and drive north on Carson until you reach Redwood Rd, turn right
• Go past Piedmont Stables, Big Bear Staging Area, and MacDonald Staging Area and enter at Redwood Gate on the left side of the road (< 15 minute drive from Hwy 13, about 20 minutes from 580)
• Drive to the end of the road to the last parking area. A fee may be required.
The planned route is: Stream Trail - Bridle Trail – Orchard Trail – French Trail – Tres Sendas – Stream Trail.
Here’s a link to the park map: http://www.ebparks.org/Assets/_Nav_Categories/Parks/Maps/Redwood+map+south.pdf