This 6.6 mile hike has a moderately steep uphill section with a 700’ elevation gain. It is 50% shaded with dense forest, opens hillsides, a creek, and spectacular views.
• From US 101 in Marin County, exit #445b CA 1/Mill Valley/Stinson Beach
• Head West, following signs for Hwy 1
• Left at junction with Almonte Blvd to stay on Hwy 1, drive about 2.5 miles
• Right on Panoramic Hwy (toward Muir Woods), drive about 4.9 miles
• Right on Pan Toll Rd. Meet in small lot on right. If this lot is full, you can park across the street at Mt Tamalpais State Park (fee).