This approximately 8-mile hike on the Kortum trail will take us from Wright’s Beach to Goat Rock and back. Overall it is a gentle trail with a total elevation gain about 900’. The trail takes us to a series of sandy beaches separated by rocky bluffs. We will probably have lunch at Blind Beach. From there, if the tide allows, we will take a beach stroll to Goat Rock Beach. Low tide is at 11:00 Saturday and high tide is at 5:30, so this might work. If you like the ocean, this is the hike for you. As with all state parks, dogs are not allowed.
· From 101, take Railroad Avenue exit (north of Petaluma, south of Rohnert Park), turn left on W Railroad Ave
· 2nd Right on Stony Point Rd, drive 1.7 miles
· Left on Roblar Rd, drive 6.5 miles
· Right on Valley Ford Rd, drive 5.5 miles
· Merge with Hwy 1 North, drive 14.1 miles
· Left into Wrights Beach parking lot, near mile marker 16.8
Meet in the small gravel lot above the beach, near the entrance to the campground. This small, free lot has a limited number of spaces, so carpooling is recommended. If this lot is full, you can park in the fee area for Wright’s Beach picnic and camping (bring $8 exact change).
Link to park brochure: http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/451/files/SonomaCoastWebBrochure2012.pdf