This approximately 6-mile loop will take us up Rodeo Valley for great views of the bay (unless there's fog). The elevation gain is under 1000’, though there are some steep sections. We’ll have lunch at a bunker below Slacker Hill overlooking the bridge, and then return to our starting point. The weather is variable, so wear layers.
We will meet at the parking area about a half-mile east of the visitor center. (See the “P” on the map between the riding club and the rifle range): http://www.nps.gov/goga/planyourvisit/upload/map-mahe-140402-2.pdf
Getting there from Marin County:
• Head South on 101
• Take last exit before the bridge
• Turn left at stop sign, then immediately turn right (west) onto Conzelman Road
• Right at circle onto McCullough Road
• Left on Bunker Road, parking will be on right side before stable.
Getting there from San Francisco:
• Take first exit north of the bridge
• Right (east) on Alexander Avenue, left on West Bunker Road, go through tunnel
• Left under freeway, then follow instructions from Marin County
Planned Route: Rodeo Valley > SCA > Slacker > Coastal
Dogs are not allowed on some of these trails.