We'll do a 14 mile hike on the Ozark Trail from Hazel Creek recreation area to the Council Bluff recreation area.
Meet at Council Bluff Lake at the Wild Boar Boat Launch. From here we will shuttle to Hazel Creek and hike back to the lake. We are ending our hike at the lake, so that anyone who wants to can take a nice cool dip in the lake. Bring your swim suit. There is a very nice beach/swimming area.
• Difficulty: Moderate and at times strenuous
• Trail surface: Rock, gravel and packed earth
What to bring?
• Plenty of water
• Head lamp or flashlight
• Insect repellent ( I suggest treating your clothes with permethrin).
• Sun screen
• Hiking boots
• Water shoes or sandals (there are five creek crossings!)
• Trekking poles
• Feed bag - plenty of snacks, fruit, etc. to keep your energy level up.
Stay tuned for weather conditions on the day of this hike!
Always check back the day of the hike for last minute updates
Carpool: We'll leave at 06:00 promptly from commuter lot located at Gravois and I-270 (right side parking lot).
Directions to Council Bluff Lake - Wild Boar Boat Launch (Not the campground)
From Potosi, drive 13 mile south on MO P to MO C. Drive a quarter mile west on MO C to MO DD. Take MO DD 7 miles south to the Council Bluff Recreation Area entrance and follow the signs to the Wild Boar Hollow boat launch and picnic area.
My phone number is[masked]
Trail Map: Please print them and bring them with you!