addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

~ Take A Hike ~ Message Board › Gear...

Gear...

Mandy
user 10056868
Springfield, MO
Okay everybody, let's get this thing going!

Here's a list of what you will most likely need on our upcoming trip. Please don't wait till Friday to review this!!!!!!!!
If I am listing an item that you do not have, write an email to me. Then we'll figure out who's got extra. Or, if you are interested in buying gear, the gurus among us would be glad to share their expertise! And anybody who's got extra, email me as well, indicting what you can provide for others, if needed.
Thanks, folks!

• Tent. Dah!
  • Sleeping bag (Even though forecast says 40some Degrees, I recommend a bag that is rated 15 degrees for small people), a pillow?
  • Sleeping pad
  • Backpack. Don't buy just anything if you're going to invest in one! (ssssht: Osprey!)
  • change of socks, recommend merino wool, seriously.
  • Hiking boots, recommend high ones to protect ankles.
  • long johns, thermal shirt, fleece, camp booties, whatever...for when it gets cold at night
  • head lamp or flash light
  • Toiletries. Keep it organic, please!
  • Towel (camp towel, no a heavy bath room towel. I got 4, ask me!)
  • Some light utensils and plate, thermo cup
  • Water bottle or better, a hydro bladder
  • Plenty of snacks & dinner. (we'll try to provide breakfast together. The hearty type.) I recommend Mountain House freeze dried meals. Just add water and: La Voila!
  • Recommend a down jacket, hat and maybe gloves. It could end up being quite a bit cooler down there by the water...
  • doesn't hurt to bring water sandals (NO flip flops!) in cause the river is higher than expected or you decide to play around in the floods...
  • Pants. There will be vines and thistles, I recommend long, synthetic pants that won't rip easily. However, I will bring shorts, just in case.

• Who's got an GPS?
  • Who's all got jetboils and similar items?
  • Who's got a water filtration pump?
  • Who's got light camping cook ware?

Of course, some people have more equipment than others and are glad to share. Them folks we'll have to help by taking some of their items in our pack, after all we benefiting from them.

If you feel this is all too much...Diane is still looking for someone to day hike with, that'll be good, too!

If I forgot anything, let me know!

I am excited folks, this will be an awesome trip!
Till soon, MandyAnna Jones ;-)
A former member
Post #: 1
Hello Mandy,

Dynamic Earth has a few Demo Water Filters. We would be more than happy to let you use a couple if you would like. Let me know and I can have them ready for you.

Matt