addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

~ Take A Hike ~ Message Board › Biking and Hiking books, Maps

Biking and Hiking books, Maps

Randy B.
user 8608984
Hollister, MO
Post #: 9
Hello new to the area, Forsyth from CO, have been looking for a good book for mtn biking and hiking trails in southern MO northern AR, the whole of the Ozarks. Can anyone suggest a good book or map.
Thanks Randy
Robert
user 5886010
Springfield, MO
Post #: 3
Hello new to the area, Forsyth from CO, have been looking for a good book for mtn biking and hiking trails in southern MO northern AR, the whole of the Ozarks. Can anyone suggest a good book or map.
Thanks Randy

The two hiking books that I have worn out and recommend highly are Trails and Treks of Missouri and Northern Arkansas by Kelley Frey and Steve Baron, and Arkansas Hiking Trails by Tim Ernst. If you do much digging at all about Arkansas you'll find that Tim Ernst writes some primo hiking and photography books about the state, with some specific to waterfalls, the Buffalo River trails, Ouchitas, etc and they're all very good.

I don't have any mountain biking books, but what I would recommend is find the local book section at Barnes and Noble or check the book section at Dynamic Earth. I know there is at least one Mt Biking guide book for Missouri out there somewhere in stores, I've glanced through it but just don't own it.