addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

~ Take A Hike ~ Message Board › Hog Farm being built near tributary to Buffalo River

Hog Farm being built near tributary to Buffalo River

Pam A.
user 12110835
Clever, MO
Post #: 27
I know this is not a political action group, but since some of your hikes are on the Buffalo River, I thought some of you might be interested in this post sent by a colleague at Drury University today.

"Many of you may have seen the article in today's NewsLeader about the hog farm being built near Big Creek, a tributary to the Buffalo River. The Park Service knew nothing of this farm and fears it will impact the health of these waters.

My parents were members of the Ozark Society in the 1960s, hauling us around in a station wagon with a bumper sticker that read "Save the Buffalo River." I spent a great deal of time on the river when I was young and still get there whenever I can. I know many of you feel the same about that area.

If you are interested in helping the Buffalo, please consider signing the petition at the following link:­

Thanks so much--it would be tragic to destroy such a great Ozark treasure. If you are interested in further links provided by the Ozark Society, please let me know and I'll forward those to you.