add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

~ Take A Hike ~ Message Board › Arkansas Waterfall Safari

Arkansas Waterfall Safari

Justin G.
Springfield, MO
Post #: 8
I will be going down early tomorrow to reserve campsites. Campsites will be limited and the campground is expected to crowded. Please email me back to let me know if and when you will be camping so I know how many sites need to be reserved. Sites are $10 per night and will be split between us all. Up to 6 people can camp at each site.

I will be heading over to Horseshoe Canyon Ranch around 7pm Friday night for the festivities. Wristbands for the entire weekend are $10 each. If you are coming down Friday night and want to meet at HCR let me know your ETA and we can establish an easy place to meet at HCR. I will be wearing a red Hiking the Ozarks t shirt which hopefully will stand out in the crowd.

I will have a Springfield sign visible at our campsites and we will hopefully have sites in the west section of the campground so check there first.

If you are coming down Saturday we will be leaving Kyle's Landing and heading to Horseshoe Canyon Ranch at 8:30am. Breakfast and sack lunches are available there for the day. I will be sporting a red hiking the ozarks shirt once again.

I would suggest we all try to meet at H.C.R. by 9:00am. Let me know when you plan on arriving.

If for any reason you can't spot us at H.C.R. on Saturday morning, just meet us back at our Kyle's Landing camp sites around 11am and I will check for people there before we depart for the hike.

We will then head back to Kyles Landing at 11am, check for anyone meeting us there then depart for the hiking trip to Hemmed in Hollow Falls.

The hike is approximately 7 miles with little to no hills. We will have to cross the Buffalo River approximately 10 times total but last Sunday the water was only knee deep at the highest, and not a strong current. I will have extra trekking poles for anybody wanting to use them as they make water crossings rather easy.

Don't forget to bring some water shoes or sandals for water crossings and a small towel to keep your feet dry. Bring at least a liter or two of water for the day, snacks, and lunch.

There are other options for different hikes to other waterfalls, if you are interested in those just be at HCR by 9am and you can find groups with different hikes there.

Once done with the hike we can choose to relax at the campsite or head to HCR for music and festivities.

Anybody who just wants to come down for the float on Sunday can just meet us at the campsite at Kyles Landing by 9am Sunday and we can shuttle and leave a car at Kyle's Landing.

Use the links for Directions I updated at the bottom of event page. I found when searching for Horseshoe Canyon Ranch on Google maps it gave me the wrong address. So I would suggest using these maps/ directions that are posted there.

Once again please let me know you arrival times, camping plans, floating plans...

Should be a great weekend!!!! Let me know if you have any questions.

See you all soon.