Dear Committee Members:
Please vote Yay or Nay. Please refer to website when making decision so we know they are not copying other candidates answers. What they say must be reflected in their websites. Comments are very welcome!
Your Name: Randall Lord
Office you seek U.S. House of Representatives
PRIMARY DATE: Nov 6, 2012
Do you have a primary challenger? John Fleming
Phone Number: [masked]
Email Address: [address removed]
Pledges I have signed:
I) Re. the U.S. Financial System:
- What is your view of the monetary system in the U.S. today? Its a fiat money system doomed to fail.
- What corrective actions could we take right now to improve the economy? Stop redistributing the wealth.
- Do you agree with the actions the Federal Reserve has taken to solve the financial crisis? If not, what could the Fed have done differently? No. Giving special deals to banks or corporations is not sound.
- Should the Federal Reserve be audited fully, no secrets, or does it need to keep some information under wraps? Audit the Fed!
II) Re. Foreign Policy:
- What is your opinion on current US foreign policy? Stop messing with the internal affairs of foreign governments and stop trying to buy friends.
- How should we fight a “war on terror”? Learn from the real experts on fighting terrorists: Israel. They have a lot of experience.
- Should the U.S. occupy other countries? NO! If not, would you push to close all bases? No, a few are good to have in case of emergencies, but they should be much smaller and not intrusive. Are there any you would keep open? A few are necessary for ship and aircraft refueling points.
- Should the U.S. maintain its standing army? It should greatly reduce the standing army. We need more of an Army like Switzerland.
- Is the Patriot Act necessary to protect America? Hell NO! If not, would you vote to repeal it? Definitely!
III) Re. Personal Liberty:
- What information may the U.S. government legally gather about its citizens? Anything in public records. When would it be necessary to overstep those boundaries? When you have a court order.
- What limits, if any, should be placed on the U.S. government’s ability to search its citizens without a warrant? Prohibited.
- Ought the U.S. government be allowed to protect its citizens’ health by outlawing foods it considers unsafe, or to force medicate (i.e., fluoridation) or force vaccinate citizens? No.
- What controls, if any, should be placed on the right to own a gun? None can be sold to schizophrenic patients. Is there an effective way to keep guns out of the hands of madmen and criminals without encroaching on the rights of free, law-abiding citizens? Not that I know of.
IV) Re. U.S. Sovereignty:
- Is our involvement in and subjugation to global organizations, such as WHO (World Health Organization), NATO, the UN, etc., a benefit to U.S. citizens? No
- Would you work to repeal international agreements that purport to hold U.S. citizens and/or property under its jurisdiction, or do you think there might be times when benefits outweigh concessions? Yes (to first part)
- Are trade agreements with other nations, i.e., NAFTA, CAFTA, good for U.S. citizens? No
- Should the U.S. give foreign aid to other countries? NO! If yes, for what purposes would it be justified? If not all countries, which would you continue to support?
V) Re. State Sovereignty:
- When does state law take precedent over federal law? When no interstate commerce is involved.
- Would you stand up to the federal government and demand that it stay within the bounds of its enumerated powers and out of state business? Yes
- Do federal officers have the right to arrest non-military citizens within the individual states for any crimes? No!
VI) Illegal Immigration:
- What do you see as the #1 problem with illegal immigration? We prosecute the poor immigrants and not their employers.
- What actions could we take to stop illegal immigrants from taking advantage of social services? verify citizenship.
VII) Misc. Questions:
- If you could make one amendment to the U.S. Constitution, what would it be? Balanced budget except in time of war.
- Would you vote to end government subsidies to private industry? Yes
- What should our government’s action be against Julian Assange, if any? None. He isn't a citizen of the USA.
- Do you know what Agenda 21/Sustainable Development and the Communitarian agenda is? Yes Do you support it? No. Why or why not? It does away with our constitutional liberties.
The fundamental defect in the present state of
democracy is the assumption that political and
economic freedom can be achieved without first
freeing the mind. Freedom of mind is not
something that spontaneously happens. It is
not achieved by the mere absence of obvious
restraints. It is a product of constant, unremitting
nurture of right habits of observation and reflection.
-John Dewey 1859-1952