Libertyville Social Tennis Club Message Board › The Greatest Match in Libertyville Social Tennis Club History?

The Greatest Match in Libertyville Social Tennis Club History?

Ira
Iras
Gurnee, IL
Post #: 26
The other day Donna and Me played Frank and Jarl in an epic match. With 20 minutes left in our session the Frank/Jarl team had won 2 of 3 sets, and it looked like the match was technically over. But when no one came to claim the court at the top of the hour we continued to play the 4th set which was won by the Donna/Ira team. So we kept going, and the Donna/Ira team won the 5th set . Final score 4-6,6-2,4-6,6-4,6-0 in 2 1/2 hours. The shot of the day? When Donna yelped as she reached out and hit a backhand way up in the air on a ball that was actually a bit past her. Frank turned and walked away thinking they had won the point, and the rest of us were totally surprised that it actually landed in the middle of their doubles alley. I'm not sure but I think it was divine intervention.
Matthew N.
user 13733488
Des Plaines, IL
Post #: 2
Wow! Sounds like a classic!!!