Life Is An Adventure! Message Board › New Meetup: Life is an Adventure. Let's go INDOOR SKY DIVING!

New Meetup: Life is an Adventure. Let's go INDOOR SKY DIVING!

Christy
user 3579532
Durham, NC
Announcing a new Meetup for Life Is An Adventure, Let's Go!!

What: Life is an Adventure. Let's go INDOOR SKY DIVING!

When: Saturday, January 8, 2011 12:00 PM

Price: $45.00 per person

Where: ParacleteXP Sky Venture
400 Brock Road
Raeford, NC 28376

I'm always up for a new adventure, but jumping from a plane...well, I'm a chicken. I am; however, VERY interested in INDOOR SKY DIVING!

What is it?? A Vertical Wind Tunnel is a wind tunnel that moves air up in a vertical column. It's mostly for purposes of recreation, but also serves as a valuable training device for skydivers and the military. SkyVenture simply put is flying; you will soar on a column of air inside a vertical wind tunnel. SkyVenture is the world leader and most experienced company when it comes to vertical wind tunnels. SkyVenture has superior technology and is unique with multiple fans located at the top of the flight chamber which produces a wall-to-wall airflow that is smooth and fun to fly in. The air flow is totally controllable; this combined with our professional instructors makes for the most exciting flight experience in a wind tunnel possible.

Our package: 30 minutes of flight time divided between all guests, plus a private party room, and DVD of the experience. Bringing your own catering is welcome! That's roughly 2 flights of one minute each per person– that’s about the same as three skydives from 13,000ft. Follow this link to complete a ParacleteXP waiver prior to arrival. http://paracletexp.co...­

Who can fly? Anyone in good health and fitness can fly. Please review this list to make sure you can.
You can fly as long as you:
1. Are not pregnant
2. Have not had issues with prior shoulder dislocation
3. Are not wearing a cast
4. Do not weigh over 250lbs. Exceptions can be made so please give us a call about this issue
5. Are not younger than 2 years of age *Parents of minors must get the waivers notarized if they
cannot be present during their flight.
6. Are not under the influence of drugs or alcohol
7. Do not have a history of neck, back, or heart conditions. Check with your Doctor.
8. Have signed our waiver
**Those who wear glasses can be supplied with goggles that can be worn over them.

**Note the time on this event is TBA. I will finalize our reservations after RSVPs close on December 18th. Pre-payment is required to RSVP. There will be NO refunds given, so please be sure that you are able to attend.

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­