addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Life Is An Adventure! Message Board › Wrightsville Beach for the Day

Wrightsville Beach for the Day

Christy
user 3579532
Durham, NC
Hey All: 

It seems that most folks have rides to the beach from what I can tell from our event page.  Let's use the discussion board for all futher contact about rides.  It's much easier there and those group members who don't plan on carpooling won't get all the messages. 

If you still need to carpool, here is what I could figure out:

Folks in East Raleigh

Meghann

Kent

Johnnie

Raleigh/Brier Creek

Jessica

Miki

Cary

Shiva (who is picking up Manira and Meg)

Paloma

Christy (has room for 2 people)

Durham/Chapel Hill

Annie

Lexie-Burlington

Unsure on Location

Fabio (who carpooling, but unsure who is with him)

Kaveh

Donald

Katie

Pamela

Please note on the discussion board if you still need/want to carpool or if you still have available space. 

Question:  Does anyone actually need to meet at Southpoint Mall or do we all have rides? 

NOTE:  Some people are leaving earlier than me from East Raleigh, therefore will arrive at the beach before me.  This makes it pretty difficult for me to get the group together if there are several smaller clusters.  I will arrive with a MEETUP sign on a stake to put in the ground.  I will make it poster-sized, so it will be visible.  I will try to find an area to the right of the pier that will accommodate our group (looking at the beach...to the right of the pier).  We will have close access to the bathhouses that way.  Please keep an eye out for me or give me a call at (919) 819-5264 if you can't find the group.

The weather report is saying it will be 93 degrees and 20% chance of rain.  If that report changes for the worse, I will email the group and let you all know.  (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for bright sunny skies!)

Bring your coolers, chairs, and assorted yummies/drinks!!  Please, no glass bottles.  I will bring a frisbee and a football.  What else do we need?  Have any beachy activities you can bring?

Looking forward to it!

Christy

kaveh
user 34643912
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 2
Hi Christy, I'm from brier creek but I can drive to any park'n ride/mall in the area to hitch a ride. BTW, I thought Shiva is reserving a seat for me in his car.
Pamela
user 51437442
Siler City, NC
Post #: 1
I live in Siler City but I am willing to meet up anywhere, rather it is South Point or Raleigh. I still debating rather I want to drive or not. Where are most people meeting up at?
Trista
user 13980800
Cornelius, NC
Hello, everyone! We'd love to carpool with someone. We're near NC State, but can meet anywhere that is convenient for the driver.
Christy
user 3579532
Durham, NC
Post #: 13
Kaveh, you will need to check with Shiva. I'm thoroughly confused by all the carpooling details on the event page. Thank you for posting here!

A former member
Pamela, you want to carpool together? Looks like maybe we could join with Johnnie and Lexie? I'm afraid I can't offer to drive because my car failed inspection and I need some work done on the brakes (of course with messed up brakes guess we'd get there faster :P). I can still drive somewhere to meet someone though. I'm in northwest Durham but wouldn't mind going to Raleigh.
Pamela
user 51437442
Siler City, NC
LOL... that is fine with me Katie. If I need to drive I will. I keep an eye on the post here. Let me know where I need to meet everyone at.
A former member
Ok, or maybe we could join Johnnie because he was offering to drive before, and he's in Raleigh which would be more convenient for me to drive to (just realized Siler City is an hour southwest of me), and doesn't look like it'd be bad for you either.
Pamela
user 51437442
Siler City, NC
Post #: 3
@Katie...If it is okay with Johnnie I can meet anywhere in Raleigh. Just let me know. I do not mind driving. I just need to know place and time. Do anyone else need a ride?
A former member
Post #: 3
Hey Pamela, haven't heard from Johnnie yet. If you're driving and only picking up me I don't want you to go too far out of your way, so maybe I could just park somewhere in Pittsboro and have you meet me? Looks like there's just a Piggy Wiggly there I could park at. What do you think?