August 31, 2012 · 7:00 PM
The photo challenge this month is LONG EXPOSURE.
I think of a long exposure as a image that took at least 5 seconds or more to make, but you could go as long as 30 minutes or if you are using film you can go as long as all night.
A long exposure compresses time into a single frame. See several samples below.
Tips on long exposures:
- If you are shooting digital turn on 'Long Exposure Noise Reduction' in your camera
- Use a tripod to keep the static elements in your image crisp
- Use a low ISO to keep your image as noise free as possible
- Use a dark filter to make a long exposure image during the day
- Try the tungsten white balance on your camera if you are shooting at night
Post your photos to this gallery and please don't photos you have previously made.