The first rule of Light Club is: you do not talk about Light Club.
The second rule of Light Club is: you DO NOT talk about Light Club!
Third rule of Light Club: someone yells "stop!", the light is over.
Fourth rule: only your lens catches the light.
Fifth rule: one light at a time, fellas.
Sixth rule: good shoes.
Seventh rule: surf the light as long as you have to.
And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Light Club, you have to get photographed.
*(the rules are, of course, no REAL rules. They are a reference to the movie 'Fight Club'.)
My name is Kai and I am a professional photographer living in New York City.
I am working for the biggest and best reknown newspapers and magazines in Europe and Germany and I am a member of the reknown photo agency LAIF, which is the partner agency of Redux Pictures here in the U.S., the photo agency of the New York Times. You can get a first impression of my work on my website at www.kainedden.de .
I created this group because I get asked very often, if I could teach a bit about my photography, about how approach people, how to improve images and basic photography skills. I know there are many people out there, that wish to get more out of their photographs and be better photographers, so this is exactly the group for it.
This group is for experienced photographers aswell as for absolute beginners!
Photography is not rocket science. There are basic steps to learn to improve your images. But besides that, there are a lot of emotional and observing factors to consider. I want to teach these skills to bring the depth of photography closer to you, so you can understand it even better than you already do and be able to get the most out of your images when it comes to the difference between a good and an excellent picture. Don't just own a camera, be a photographer. Become a real New York photographer who deserves that name! :)
The idea is to meet every 14 days. These meet ups will contain a variety of
- improving your personal work
- Learning about light
- photography discussions
- production and editing of your images
- learning different photography styles
- portfolio reviews
- technical information
- photo studies of great photographers
- individual interests (like photography as a business)
- professional guest photographers
It is important to me, that you will get the best out of your images and that you have the greatest joy producing them.
Get a professional touch on your images!
The fee structure:
- First Light Club you attend is free! It's the best way to figure out for yourself if you like it or not.
- If you like to continue, the monthly fee for Light Club is $75. No matter if we meet once or twice.
- For Students it's 33% off the monthly charge, which means students only pay $50 each month.
- The fee includes any further events like exhibitions, documentaries or photographer talks.
- It also includes support via e-mail or skype.
If you you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me!