Topic postponed from last month to this month, by unanimous agreement at last month's meeting.
Lilith has long been associated with the shadows, with things that exert hidden or unexpected influence on the world. She also teaches the importance of self-knowledge, facing one's fears, and challenging conventional wisdom. These things are also some of the goals of divination. We will discuss how Lilith and her lessons can shed light on two prominent forms of occult knowledge: the tarot and astrology. Topics will include working with archetypes of the sacred feminine and the influence various stars, asteroids, and astronomical phenomena named for Lilith have on one's chart.
The meeting will begin promptly at 7:30 PM. Please aim to arrive between 7:15 and 7:30. The meeting is expected to last until at least 10:00 PM and will have the following format (times approximate):
- 7:15 to 7:30 PM: Informal socializing.
- 7:30 to 7:40 PM: Order food.
- 7:40 to 8:15 PM: Part 1: Q&A about our many different paths. First we'll quickly determine (via a short round of introductions) which spiritual paths are represented among the people attending the meeting, and then we'll give each person an opportunity to ask at least one question about at least one of the other paths represented among the attendees.
- 8:15 to 8:25 PM: Break.
- 8:25 to 9:15 PM: Part 2: Main topic: Lilith and the Art of Divination.
- 9:15 to 9:25 PM: Break.
- 9:25 to 10:00 PM: Part 3: Announcements, plans for the future, and miscellaneous discussion.
- 10:00 to 10:15 PM: Informal socializing.
This meeting is at one of the best diners in Manhattan, on 34th Street near 9th Avenue, approximately one block west of Penn Station. (The exact address, and other details, will be visible to you once you join this Meetup group.) The nearest subway stop is 34th Street on the A, C, and E lines (8th Avenue).
Ask a waiter for "Lilith's Tribe in New York City."
We'll be at a table in the BACK part of the diner. There will be a piece of paper on the table with the name of our group or at least the name "Lilith" in large letters.
Although the diner has no official minimum order, please plan to spend at least $5 on food or drink, so that the place will continue to welcome our business.
If you would like to suggest other venues for future discussion meetings, please post them on our message board, in the thread " Venue suggestions: discussion meetings." Please also read that entire thread before you post your suggestions, so you'll know what our requirements are.
Although this meeting is on a Thursday, future meetings might be scheduled for a different day of the week. Please post your scheduling requirements, for future meetings, in the thread " Convenient meeting times? What days/times are good and bad for you?" on our message board.
Other websites associated with Lilith's Tribe in New York City, including a forthcoming Lilith Wiki, will be listed on our central home page: LilithNYC.com, about which we invite comments on our message board, in the thread " Central home page and our sites in general - post feedback here."