addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Lilith's Tribe in New York City Message Board About Lilith: Resources and thoughts › Informational resources about Lilith

Informational resources about Lilith

Hypatia
HypatiaTassiant
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 23
This is a thread for posting links, and/or other bibliographic data, on any informational resources (online or offline) that we come across regarding Lilith.

I'll begin with the resources now listed on our About­ page:

Note: We are not affiliated with any of the above, nor do we necessarily endorse all the claims made in the above sources. Some claims are controversial. The reader is urged to double-check all historical claims via scholarly sources before endorsing them.

If there are any other resources you would like us to consider adding -- or any links that are just interesting and relevant to Lilith, even if not suitable for our resource list -- please post about them here in this thread.
Hypatia
HypatiaTassiant
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 25
For the ceremonial magick users amongst us, here's The Invocation of Litith by Joseph Max.555 and Lilith Darkchilde.777, on the website of Joseph Max.555, a Chaos mage.

Also, here's a page about Lilith magic which contains some historical info plus another ceremonial magick rite. Looks interesting, but I suspect it might be plagiarized from somewhere, so I won't link to it on the "About" page.

P.S.: Apparently the above info isn't plagiarized, just sloppily posted. I found related info in a MySpace forum on behalf of Leilah Publications, LLC, regarding their Lilith monograph series.

Note: Any and all historical claims should be taken with a grain of salt until you see the sources of the claims.

Hypatia
HypatiaTassiant
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 26
When Googling to find out if the name "Lilith's Tribe" had already been taken, I indeed did not find any "Lilith's Tribe," but I did come across a section about Lilith on tribe.net, which contains lots of pages, mostly about astrology.
Hypatia
HypatiaTassiant
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 37
On the Wayback Machine's capture of a now-defunct site called White Dragon, I found "Lilith - the First Eve" by Anthony Roe, "published at Imbolc 2002."

Among other things, it contains some very interesting info about medieval Jewish Kabbalistic beliefs about demons and all forms of nonreproductive sex. (See the six paragraphs beginning with the sentence "Concerning apotropaic procedures to ward of the influence of Lilith and her cohorts, Gershon Scholem describes an antidemonic rite both ancient and curious.") Apparently it was believed that every time a man jerks off or has a nocturnal emission, he is really having sex with a demoness, who will then give birth to a demon child. Thus it was believed that every human male has a whole bunch of demon children who regard his human children as rivals and will harm them unless driven off via various rites.
Diane
DianeVera
New York, NY
Post #: 630
The Wikipedia article on the Feri tradition mentions a book by Victor Anderson titled Lilith's Garden, described as a "collection of mostly liturgical poetry, including some that was considered too 'scandalous' for inclusion in" an earlier book of his, Thorns of the blood rose.
Alexandra Morrigan...
AlexandraSelene
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 689
Hello

I found a very powerful invocation to Lucifer and Lilith if anyone is interested I can post it here
Diane
DianeVera
New York, NY
Post #: 682
Thanks. If you found it on the web, please post a link to it. If you found it in a book, please tell us the title and author of the book and post a brief description and possibly a very brief excerpt. Please do not post the whole thing, so we can steer clear of any copyright issues (keeping the Meetup terms of service in mind).
Alexandra Morrigan...
AlexandraSelene
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 690
Here is the link to the site
http://www.paganspace...­
Diane
DianeVera
New York, NY
Post #: 712
I just now read the page Lilith: A Study on a website called Real Vampire News. Contains a compilation of ancient Sumerian lore concerning Lilith.
Diane
DianeVera
New York, NY
Post #: 735
Another resource I came across just now: a page about Lilith in Blood, Gender, and Power in Christianity and Judaism, "a project of the Religion 91 and 491 Seminars at Kenyon College."