The Friends of the Arlington Public Library present the Eight-Thirteen Ball - a literary-themed evening created to raise money for the Library’s Early Literacy initiative, 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten.
Tickets: $30 (purchase via Palpal from the Friends of the Arlington Public Library)
The Eight-Thirteen Ball gets its name from the Dewey Decimal Classification for American Fiction: 813. Our inaugural theme is based on F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby, and prizes will be awarded for the best 1920s-style attire.
Highlights of the Ball will include:
- 1920s music performed by the Hot Society Orchestra of Washington
- Dance instructors from Fidgety Feet - D.C.’s premier Lindy Hop dance troupe – will demonstrate 1920s dances
- Canapes reminiscent of the time
- Silent auction to benefit 1000 Books Before Kindergarten, a new early literacy initiative designed to encourage families, teachers, childcare providers, and librarians to read with children from birth and beyond.
- Prizes awarded for the best 1920s-style attire
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks available for purchase with credit or debit card
We hope to see you there!