Litereati - Adventures for Intelligent Foodies Message Board › PLEASE DO THE HONORABLE THING!

PLEASE DO THE HONORABLE THING!

Shawna Katie B.
user 12772222
Chicago, IL
I recently invited you to a wine class called "Learn Wine Tasting Like the Pros," which Meetup.com shows that you attended.   By all accounts, it was a very enjoyable and informative class.

But there's a problem:  I just found out that some guests did NOT purchase their tickets in advance, but instead simply showed up without a ticket and insisted they were on the guest list.  In the meetup announcement, I made it very clear that space was limited and that all guests were required to purchase their tickets in advance (and I provided the link.) 

The teacher, (who is a Salut! member, by the way) was kind enough to accomodate everyone, even though the class was terribly overcrowded and she had to break into her private wine stock to serve everyone.  As a result of the "party-crashers," she is now out several hundred dollars, as is dabble.com, the event company she used to promote her class and sell the tickets. 

Please, PLEASE, if you did not understand that you needed to purchase your ticket in advance for that event, do the honorable thing now and go to  https://dabble.co/cou...­ and make your payment retroactively.  You can also make personal arrangements with Tahereh by clicking on her name through our Meetup site:  www.meetup.com/salut-chicago­.  Tahereh is a skilled wine expert (and genuinely nice person) who runs a very highly recommended and enjoyable class -- let's make sure she's properly compensated for her time, wine and expertise.  It's just the right thing to do. 

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at ShawnaBohnVoyage.com.