Hello & Welcome!
Little Friends of Winter Park is a group of moms who are interested in a variety of activities for their children and enjoy socializing with and supporting other moms! Most of our playdates are centrally location around the Winter Park area but we venture out to other areas like Maitland, Altamonte Springs, and fun spots close by the area often. If you are serious about being an active member and are looking for a great way to socialize your little one you are welcome to join.
We have playgroups for babies (under a year), toddlers (1-2 years), and preschool age children (3-4 years). Our activities include weekly playdates, holiday parties, monthly socials, field trips, moms night out, couples night out, and more! We typically do play dates Mon-Sat and have routine play dates every day of the week. Most of them meet up around 9:30 - 11:30 in the morning, we also try to do several baby mingles around 1pm a few times a month. We also post meet ups for events going on around the area for your family to enjoy. We are a smaller group so the kids and adults are more familiar with each other. I've found that kids are more likely to play with other kids their age when they see them on a more regular basis.
We offer a variety of activities to meet the needs of both mothers and children. Our group hosts casual get-togethers in parks and members' homes for mothers and their children, field trips where we visit a variety of local area attractions such as the Central Florida Zoo, fire stations, museums, and "picking" farms, family parties for the holidays throughout the year, and activity groups for mothers like exercising and monthly Moms Night Out where members meet at different locations such as restaurants, somebody's home, movie theatres, bowling alleys etc. Most of the time children are at home with Dad or a babysitter, but you're welcome to bring nursing infants, of course.
Also we have a few moms in our group who are expecting so when the time comes we will come together as a group to offer support such as meals for their family. Generally, most of our little members are 4 and under but playdates are designed for all ages to enjoy. Most of our parents are in their late 20s to late 30s and enjoy being active with their little ones!
We encourage family activities, so dads/grandparents are always welcome to join us.
The only stipulations:
1. We are a family oriented group so you must be open to the idea of dads being invited to events.
2. Members must attend at least 1 meetup each month.
3. Members who are not active in the group for more than three months will be deleted from the group (regardless of payment status). You are free to rejoin at any time when it is more convenient for you to actively attend meetups.
4. Please do not bring sick kiddos to a play date.
5. If you can't make it to a meet up please be considerate and change your RVSP to reflect those changes. Three "no shows" will result in removal of the group.
6. Get your $10 dues paid within 30 days of joining. If you don't get your dues in the website will remove you from the group automatically.
If this group interests you, we would love to have you join us and be a part of the Little Friends of Winter Park family!
85 Crunchy Mama's
91 Super Moms
33 Fit Camp Cranes Roost
332 Brown Bag Lunch & Learners