We live in the great Southwest, and the Heard Indian Fair and Market is the largest and best gathering of artists and musicians to be experienced!
The Heard Museum Indian Fair and Market is Arizona's largest Indian Market, featuring 600+ of the nation's finest American Indian Artists!
• Live mural painting by muralist Thomas "Breeze" Marcus!
• Music and dance performances throughout both days -- includingGrammy Award nominees R.C. Nakai and Will Clipman (2014), Joe Tohonnie Jr. and the Apache Crown Dancers (2014) and Radmilla Cody (2012)
• Jewelry, textiles, sculpture, pottery, paintings, carvings and more
• Artist demonstrations
• Chefs demonstrating culinary uses of Native ingredients
• Fashion Walkabout Friday night and Saturday morning
• Admission includes the museum's 11 exhibit galleries - incl Georgia O'Keefe
• Convenient parking and front-door access via Metro Light Rail
• Visitors get firsthand access to artists and can view and purchase handmade, authentic work by the best jewelers, sculptors, painters, potters, weavers, bead workers, katsina doll carvers and basket makers.
• Indian Fair & Market is the Heard Museum’s largest annual fundraiser.
Admission price each day is $20 - this INCLUDES admission to ALL of the museum exhibits and galleries (normally $18), INCLUDING the Georgia O'Keefe exhibit, which will be leaving Mar 3! It ALSO includes performances by R.Carlos Nakai Trio (with William Eaton), Native American dance groups, food demonstrations, and visiting with the artists!
Go here to view the performance schedule for the Amphitheater Stage: http://heardguild.org/fair/documents/2014AmphitheaterWEBFInal2_21_2014.pdf
Go here to view the performance schedule for the Pavilion Stage: http://heardguild.org/fair/documents/2014Web-PavilionStageschedule.pdf
Go here for information about the artists exhibiting at the Market:
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about and experience what the West is all about - the Native American Heritage of our country! I am SO bummed that I cannot attend!!! I will be at the Shemer Art Center on weekends through March 23 with my Solar Ovens.
Please do attend on your own - you can arrange to meet others via the comment section below. Enjoy!