$Lawn $25 In-House $42
This is a hot August night with the the "Heartbreaker" herself Pat Benatar under the stars at Wolf Trap. Sixty year old Pat Benatar was born Patricia Mae Andrzejewski (so we understand the name change). Pat helped us rock through the 80s and was a the pretty face of MTV's early days. She still rocks hard even today. Pat is sharing top billing with guitarist/producer/husband Neil "Spyder" Giraldo who she married in 1982. PB will need to bring her A game or be upstaged by the 70's and 80's show band Cheap Trick. The Robin Zander and Rick Neilson led classic rock band has there own list of hits over 40 years together. The band consists of Robin Zander (vocals, rhythm guitar), Rick Nielsen (lead guitar), Tom Petersson (bass guitar), and Bun E. Carlos (drums). Either of these bands could be the headliner, but is nice to see Pat as the top bill. Also on the bill is pop/country beauty Brynn Marie. This show has a slightly early start for the three acts so the gates will open at 6:00 pm with first act starting at 7:30.
The group normally sits on the lawn on the left side so come early and bring your food and beverages to enjoy the summer night.
- Queen of arena rock and 4-time GRAMMY winner Pat Benatar gets the crowd all fired up with “Shadows of the Night,” “Love is a Battlefield,” and other tough-talking classics from the early ’80s.
- “Benatar hasn’t lost a step, and her voice can still hit those notes and wail those long passages in her easily identifiable and distinctive voice,” according to AllMusic.com’s review of her album Summer Vacation Tour Live.
- Cheap Trick, a pop/rock wonder whose music kicked off in the ’60s, drives crunching power chords and catchy melodies for memorable numbers including “Dream Police,” “The Flame,” and “Surrender.”
- Cheap Trick has given more than 5,000 performances to date and earned 40 gold and platinum recording awards. Their hyped, electric sound can also be heard on their 2009 release, Sgt. Pepper Live.
- “Anyone who saw arena rock shows in the mid- to late-1970s should dig this.”—Rolling Stone
- Pop/country singer Brynn Marie got her start after winning a talent contest through a radio station in 2005 and has since been showcased with Armed Forces Entertainment for a tour across the Middle East. She recently released feisty single “Bandaid on a Bullet Hole,” which showcases her powerful vocals and tell-it-like-it-is attitude.