New York Designers for Social Change Message Board › Web designer needed for Human Trafficking Awareness Site

Web designer needed for Human Trafficking Awareness Site

A former member
Post #: 1

My name is Joseph Brulett I am the Executive Director of a newly formed NGO that raises awareness and combats human trafficking both national and internationally. We do not have a website and I am beginning to feel that in order to accomplish our goals in a more economical approach we need to make a internet appearance.

Here is a price list and creative brief that I just made for a web design company, if anyone can help with any of this it will reduce the costs and be greatly appreciated.

Website Design Creative Brief
Company Name: HTA Council

Tell us a little about your industry
Every year an estimated 900,000 men, women, and children are in some way taken from their families and forced into slavery, 100,000 of which are American Born Citizens. We are one of many groups around the world who work to end this crime and free those in need. While some groups look to one another as competition, we see them as allies.

Tell us at least three words that describe your company:
Direct, Assertive, Professional

Please tell us a little about your target customer:
We have 2 groups of targeted audiences:

Group 1 (Society): We need to appeal to the world on a community awareness level, we need to educate communities, law enforcement, and governments about this crime and inform them on how they can make a difference.

Group 2 (Victims): This group is for the victims, their families, and friends. We want these people to know that we are here and that we can help them. The HTAC is here to provide them with services they need to help them regain their lives.

Do you have a company logo?
Yes I can provide the logo in a vector (.eps) format

List at least two existing website designs that you like, and why you like them. (If you need ideas, see http://staging.logowo...­) Color Scheme, Title (if any), Font (if any) : This NGO recently redesigned and updated their website.
I like their “Take Action” Page.
The Join Page with the social media tabs, but I would want them to be on the bottom with text on the top and an info card section. : I like the Home page of both this and the not for sale website, how the stories move from 1 to the other.

How many pages will your website contain?

Please list your website's navigation names * (Ex. Home, About Us, Services, Contact Us, etc...)

Home, About Us, News & Events, Get involved, Contact Us

Would you like the sub pages to have a different layout than the home page? (highlight the your choice)
If yes, how many unique sub page designs?
Only the Home Page

Will your site include any e-commerce?

Will you be providing the copy (text) for the website? (If no, $80/hr copywriting fee)

Would you like to include photography in the design of your website to make it visually interesting?
Yes, please help me find stock photos. Do you have a preference about the subject matter (beach ball, skyline) or concept (teamwork, loyalty) for the photos?
Rescue, Modern Day Slavery, Community Involvement

Would you like any animations on your website?
flash header

Please list any other items/functionality you will want in your website design.
Slideshow Pro, Flash Header

Tell us anything else that will help us create/design your website:
The main colors that we use are Black, Red, and White. We are trying to create a bold and memorable appearance.

5 pages =$1,400
CMS (Content Management System) - $200 plus a monthly fee of $19 for up to 5 pages, $29 for up to 10
Unique subpage design - $249
Slide Show Pro (Gallery for photos and video) - $400
Flash Header - $400
Stock photography - $150
E-commerce (X-Cart shopping Cart) - $600
PayPal Buttons - $60 each