Living Locally - Working Globally Message Board › Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.....

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.....

Ilya S.
user 11359241
Group Organizer
Tel Aviv-Yafo, IL
Hi Living Locally - Working Globally member,

You may have received a mail saying that I stepped down from organizing this group. Well I can happily announce that it was more a case of my credit card stepping down (expiring) rather than me.

However,  I must admit that I have slacked a little (if not to say - a lot) in organizing Meetups, and I had a good reason for that:

I have been busy creating an absolute break through start-up www.powtoon.com, and we are about to go LIVE....

Using the living locally, working globally principles my team and I have created an incredible company

I would be happy to hold a meetup on the subject how we:

1.) Identified a fantastic market

2.) Validated that there are real buyers for the product before writing the first line of code

3.) Raised money

4.) Assembled and motivated an incredible team - using global workforce arbitrage

5.) Created an incredible buzz around the product http://www.powtoon.com/blog/powtoon-love-board/­

6.) Created an incredible product with massive user involvement from the start

7.) Are going LIVE within a month...

All this happened in less than 6 months!!!!!

The principles used to build this company are 100% transferable - and I have used them, and will use them again and again....

The only thing I am missing  for this Meetup is a good venue in Tel Aviv, so I if someone knows a nice place that's big enough and nice enough for like 60-70 people and is willing to take the organizational challenge upon him/herself I would be happy to do this meetup towards mid/end MAY.

Please let me know what you think?

Best

Ilya