Our collective hard work and effort made poetrySpark weekend a complete success! We earned over $350 this past weekend, which should cover the costs of the event and leave some money in our SparkCon bank account for next year. We’d like to take a moment to thank everyone who played a role in making this year the best poetrySpark ever!
Special thanks to…
- The fabulous hosts of our Open Mic and Featured Reader events, Ashley Lisk and Glenn Cassidy
- Our volunteer coordinator, Kevin Killian, for coordinating shifts and making the volunteers feel appreciated
- The poets who wrote over 200 poems in 10 hours and earned $220 at the Poetry-on-Demand boot
- Our poet handlers, who reeled in those passers-by and convinced them poetry was worth $1 and 3 minutes of their time
- The poet readers at the Erotic Poetry & Burlesque show, Open Mic event, on the musicSpark stage, at our Youth Poetry event, and at our Featured Reader event
- Our Youth Poetry coordinators, Sean Ingram and Jodi Barnes
- Our sponsors – Jacar Press, North Carolina Poetry Society, Quail Ridge Books, Readers Corner – and Jodi for getting their support
- Our wonderful venues, White Collar Crime and The Union/Junction
- Our volunteer judges who read and rated over 60 poems submitted for the Featured Reader event
- Our logistics volunteers, who folded, unfolded, moved, and stacked chairs for our Open Mic, Youth Poetry, and Featured Reader events
- Our publicity volunteers – Jim Mather, Tara Lynne, Pam – who designed the flyer and program and got it printed and Lynn Bell for helping to spread the word via radio
- Our volunteer photographers who chronicled poetrySpark weekend
- Jim Mather for lugging his video camera around downtown Raleigh
- Our SparkCon bobble head, Truett Thompson
- Living Poetry
- Everyone who attended a poetrySpark event, spent a $1 to vote for their favorite Open Mic poet, or paid a buck and gave a word for a poem
- Anyone who attended a planning meeting, wished us luck, put us on their prayer list, or let a fleeting thought of poetrySpark pass their minds this weekend
- Anyone else we may have forgotten!
That should cover it! Thank you again for your input and support. We hope to see you next year!
Tara Lynne, Bart, & Pamela
A BIG Thank You to the key organizers from Living Poetry, Bart, Pam, and Tara Lynne, with deep appreciation for their dedication, hard work and passion for anything poetry, but particularly for pulling off an amazing poetrySPARK.
Thank you, Tara Lynne, for being the mastermind behind poetrySPARK - and for bringing Ramsay to POD on Saturday!
Thank you, Pam, for organizing three wonderful reading events - and for adding the sparkle to poetrySPARK!
Thank you, Bart, for being Poetry on Demand this year - and for lending a hand whenever we needed one!
It would not have been possible without you! - Thank you!
PS –If you received this message more than once, that’s how much we appreciate you!