Livonia Walks Message Board › Running / hiking / walking for a good cause

Running / hiking / walking for a good cause

Barbara
user 6977958
Group Organizer
Livonia, MI
My friend in Tennessee participates in a group where you dedicate your runs to a child with special needs who cannot run.  I thought maybe this might interest some people in this group.  I think you could also walk or hike for the kids as well.  They match you up with a child or adult.
If you're interested the details are below.  I'm going to sign up for 2014 as I'm starting my running up again after a few weeks break.
"I run for ..."
http://www.whoirun4.com/about-ir4/­
“You can run for me anytime!”  A simple phrase that sparked a movement.
We all have friends who say “run some for me” because they don’t WANT to run… what about those who physically CAN’T run?  After an inspiration from a close friend who was battling bilateral hip dyspasia – Founder Tim Boyle found a whole new inspiration to run.
The mental and emotional encouragement for both runner and honorary runner is proving to be a whole new level of motivation and awareness.  Runners are able to find a whole new sense of purpose in their running while sharing who they are running for and bringing awareness to diseases and disabilities of all types.