"The constructed language with the most complete grammar is probably Lojban - a language created to reflect the principles of logic." --- Arika Okrent, the author of In the Land of Invented Languages
coi ro do (Hello Everyone!)
This group is for people who are interested in and want to know about the constructed language, Lojban.
Lojban is a one of the most complete, carefully designed, and logically unambiguous constructed languages in the world.
Lojban has a number of features which make it unique: (quoted from lojban.org)
- Lojban is designed to be used by people in communication with each other, and possibly in the future with computers.
- Lojban is designed to be culturally neutral.
- Lojban has an unambiguous grammar, which is based on the principles of logic.
- Lojban has phonetic spelling, and unambiguous resolution of sounds into words.
- Lojban is simple compared to natural languages; it is easy to learn.
- Lojban's 1300 root words can be easily combined to form a vocabulary of millions of words.
- Lojban is regular; the rules of the language are without exception.
- Lojban attempts to remove restrictions on creative and clear thought and communication.
- Lojban has a variety of uses, ranging from the creative to the scientific, from the theoretical to the practical.