The most effective ways to explain Scrum

When running Scrum induction sessions, it is very effective to run workshops / scenarios / games to show how Scrum works. We will be discussing which ones people find most effective.

Please note: you can only book tickets to this session 14 days beforehand

The event will be held in the upstairs room at The Plumbers Arms. The sessions are informal and we are happy for you to eat the pub grub / drink during the meetup (the pies are pretty nice).

The pub's site gives directions: http://www.taylor-walker.co.uk/pub/plumbers-arms-belgravia/c0685/

Here's their map:

 

 

Join or login to comment.

  • David L.

    Some of the discussions had in the session:
    • Establish the core issues people have / are trying to solve
    • Find the customer pain points
    • (after training) Ask people what they learned ...
    • (after training) ... and join up lessons they learned with their current problems
    • 1-on-1 is effective
    • Large groups (100+) have works is effective for 80% of the group; but the other 20% does a LOT of harm
    • Getting buy-in from upper management is essential
    • Follow-up with attendees after the session (otherwise they just walk out of the room and forget what you've said)
    • Ballpoint game: tennis balls-based game that explains principles of agile without mentioning artifacts, roles, ceremonies, etc.
    • Explaining the 'spirit of agile' is most important
    • Explain the J-curve
    • Involve wider business (i.e. those outside tech)
    • Include personal stories (as people remember them)

    February 24

  • David L.

    Went off topic, or at least into areas I wasn't expecting, a few times but still had a good discussion.

    February 18

  • Nick H.

    Really hate calling off last minute especially when there's a waiting list but I have been asked to finish something tonight at work :(

    February 18

  • David L.

    Looking forward to seeing you ...

    February 18

  • Jodi W.

    Can't make it this time, celebrating a friend's birthday

    February 13

    • David L.

      What?! Bring him/her along. What more could they ask for on their birthday?

      February 18

  • A former member
    A former member

    Hi guys - just wanted to let you all know that I've moved to Hamburg so I think it's safe to say that I won't be attending again for a while! Best of luck going forward - I hope the group goes from strength to strength :o)

    February 10

    • David L.

      How exciting. Hope it all works out well over there.

      February 18

  • Olaseni O.

    Struggling with a line of code and working late on this... Won't be able to make it this time

    February 18

  • Steven H.

    Sorry going to be working late tonight

    February 18

  • Shraddha N.

    Stuck at work, cant make it this time.

    February 18

  • Shiva R.

    This sounds cool. Hope I can attend

    February 17

  • A former member
    A former member

    Still possible to join?

    February 8

  • swati

    What are the fees?

    February 5

    • David L.

      It's a free group (although you have to buy your own food & drink if you want any) :)

      February 5

30 went

Our Sponsors

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sometimes the best Meetup Group is the one you start

Get started Learn more
Bill

I started the group because there wasn't any other type of group like this. I've met some great folks in the group who have become close friends and have also met some amazing business owners.

Bill, started New York City Gay Craft Beer Lovers

Start your Meetup today

Act now and get 50% off.
Until February 1.

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy