addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

London Alternative Drinks: Film, Comics, Music, Sci-fi, etc Message Board › Alan Moore, Harvey Pekar or Daniel Clowes - high brow graphic novels?

Alan Moore, Harvey Pekar or Daniel Clowes - high brow graphic novels?

edward l.
user 56818262
Chandler's Ford, GB
Post #: 1

Hi, I've just moved to recently south london 3 months ago and was trying to find a social network group for people who enjoy reading such as things. There doesn't seem to be much popularity or appreciation of comic books and graphic novels for adult readers. To be fair, I like art, movies and books, so I don't see why it would be frowned upon to combine these mediums. Obviously, there's a tendancy in comics to slide towards the geekier adolescent stuff (ironic) but this is also a common misconception.