London Atheist Activist Group (informal community) Message Board 7c. LAAG GROUP BUSINESS ( Developing alternative 'Atheist Culture') › Things that not even an atheist should do.

Things that not even an atheist should do.

A former member
Post #: 2
Ginny, I'm really sorry, but I think you're missing the point about having lots of children. To me there seems to be a very straightforward competition between certain groups to outbreeding each other and 'win' the religious argument by sheer dint of superior numbers. Either that, or over-populating the planet will bring on Armageddon and Jesus (or pick any prophet/god you fancy) will turn up and fix things and/or take all the believers up into heaven, etc. etc.....
Marco
user 20836811
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 39
Hello everybody!
Maybe this is a bit extreme but I think an atheist should reject blessings.
I'm not very consistent at this, but if somebody says "god bless you" to me, I say "thanks, but I'm an atheist."
I do offer them to wish me good luck or good morning. If they insist, I normally tell them I consider blessings condescending.
Angela D.
user 71491512
London, GB
Post #: 33
Not to take the mickey or P out of religious people when you are inebriated but okay if you are sober.
Georgi L.
Guffaw
London, GB
Post #: 1,388
Not to take the mickey or P out of religious people when you are inebriated but okay if you are sober.

I'm not really sure what you mean,Darlene ...but I consider religious people to be in a state akin to permanent inebriation where they can't tell their arse from their elbow!

And Marco - I'm the same.

Dave - too bloody true!
Alex D
SeeksTruthNboobs
London, GB
Post #: 358
Post facts and logical arguments on Facebook which contradict your religious friends'/relatives' unjustifiable beliefs (unless you want to simplify your social life).
Georgi L.
Guffaw
London, GB
Post #: 1,390
Post facts and logical arguments on Facebook which contradict your religious friends'/relatives' unjustifiable beliefs (unless you want to simplify your social life).

Aren't there any atheists (who'll stand up and be counted) in your circle at all? (I know where you could get some ;-))
Angela D.
user 71491512
London, GB
Post #: 36
ref to 28th... it was purposely indirectly written; but another way of saying it, is, feel free to say (whatever).